- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Tag Archives: Why? Because the Athor demands it
Inheritance Chapter 34
This chapter is called “and the walls fell”. Just as long as I don’t have to listen to Def Leopard while it happens. We rejoin Eragon after our lengthy interlude with Roran. It’s been so long I can hardly remember … Continue reading
Posted in Inheritance, Recap, Spork Tagged Me am Leader, Slower 'n molasses, Why? Because the Athor demands it 2 Comments
Inheritance Chapter 31
A question that gets overlooked, within the “inheritance” series anyway, is why did the Ra’zac have to be exterminated? Let’s pretend that the two that Eragon killed in Brisingr were bound to Gabby just like Chris said and that it … Continue reading
Posted in Inheritance, Recap, Spork Tagged Criminally Short, How do you know that?, Why? Because the Athor demands it 4 Comments
Maximum Ride Chapters 109 & 110
Here’s a hypothetical question. Let’s say you’re being pursued by people you don’t like. You’ve run to a hiding place and tried to avoid them but they found you anyway. Then, just as they’re about to capture you, they’re called … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Attack of the Stupid Gas, How Convenient, Why? Because the Athor demands it 3 Comments
Maximum Ride Chapters 105 & 106
So the last chapter featured a boatload of police officers showing up and ruining Max’s dinner. Of course there’s no reason for this. Does New York PD often dispatch a dozen squad cars to catch kids? Sure there may be … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Evil and Stupid, Talk talk talk, Why? Because the Athor demands it Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 103 & 104
This is a point I’ve made before but it bears repeating. We do not need to see the details of Max’s life, Jimmy. A better author would just say they went to dinner and be done with it. Or, if … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Dull Details, Snooty Equals Evil, Why? Because the Athor demands it Leave a comment