- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Tag Archives: What a twist
Destined Chapters 12 & 13
Chapter 12 We’re over with Heath who’s still in his golem form of Aurox. Why do I get the feeling that his transformation back into Heath will be the big arc of the book? I’d like to hear how that … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged dream weaver, Going Nowhere Fast, What a twist 1 Comment
Tempted Chapters 30 & 31
Chapter 30 We pick up right where we left off, with Zoey having a dream. She’s at the island where the original vampire council was. She can smell the oranges and feel the presence of Nyx and blah blah blah. … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Going Nowhere Fast, These Dreams, What a twist Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 59 & 60
So the big question of today’s post. Why are the wolfmen chasing Max and them in the first place? They have a tracking chip in Max and, no doubt, in the others. After all, you wouldn’t trust on them all … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Dumb as a box of hammers, I know why the caged bird whines, What a twist Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 45 & 46
I’m starting to wonder how much time Jimmy or his editor spends on these things. I mean, more than I was before. Let my demonstrate by quoting a line right from the beginning of chapter 45. Angel stared and stared … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Dull Details, Look at how Special we are, What a twist Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 17 & 18
Aaannndd, Jimmy establishes that he doesn’t care how tired and stupid these knockout/wake up transitions are. Like Paopao, Jimmy seems to be sticking with this device no matter how lame it is. Even in youth literature, it’s so overdone that … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Fly Monkey's Fly, Me am hero, What a twist Leave a comment
Brisingr Chapters 45 & 46
You know, I also remember when Angela mentioned something about an epic romance. Don’t you? Of course you do. That’s because you haven’t been strangling yourself for the cheap high unlike someone whose name rhymes with utini. So where’s this … Continue reading
Posted in Brisingr, Recap Tagged Eragon Whines, Poof! Magic, What a twist 7 Comments
Host Chapter Forty Eight
I’m constantly amused by Otis’s attempt to make us worry. It reminds me of comic books and how they always seem to try and end on a cliffhanger. Oh no, it seems Eve is dangling over a vat of acid … Continue reading
Posted in Host, Recap Tagged Too dumb to live, What a twist 2 Comments