- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Tag Archives: Look at how Special we are
Untamed Chapter 11
One of the odd things that you have to worry about in a story is the passage of time. Not the time it takes to read the story but the flow of time around the characters. See, people will suspend … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Look at how Special we are, Me am Tragic Hero, Talk talk talk Leave a comment
Betrayed Chapter 17
I’m curious to see if PCK is going to try to keep Neferet a “good” character or if Zoey will oust her too. At one point in the last book, I was pretty certain she was the primary villain and … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Do As I Say!, Look at how Special we are, Things we already know 2 Comments
Maximum Ride Chapters 71 & 72
So Max asks Angel what it is and then asks herself what fresh hell is this. Since when is listening to Angel a form of hell? I mean, besides to the audience. I thought Max was absolutely enraptured by everything … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Look at how Special we are, Milli-Duhs, talk, Talk talk talk Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 45 & 46
I’m starting to wonder how much time Jimmy or his editor spends on these things. I mean, more than I was before. Let my demonstrate by quoting a line right from the beginning of chapter 45. Angel stared and stared … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Dull Details, Look at how Special we are, What a twist Leave a comment
Maximum Ride Chapters 37 & 38
We rejoin Angel who’s busy trying to convince us that these people running the “school” are evil scientists. This time they’re shoving her into a maze that’s filled with razorwire and the apparently zap her if she goes too slow. … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged I just plum forgot, Look at how Special we are, Sad Panda 3 Comments
Maximum Ride Chapters 7 & 8
Now that Jimmy has started things moving again, he decides it’s better to slow things down and give us some backstory. Wow, good choice. I might have gone with continuing the action since it had barely gotten started but then … Continue reading
Posted in Maximum Ride, Recap Tagged Attack of the Meme, Look at how Special we are, Me am Dumb Hero 4 Comments