- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Tag Archives: Dragons
Eragon Chapter Seventeen
Though Chris doesn’t do the usual awakening I’m still counting it. It starts off with ‘the next morning’. That’s the phrase writers actually use instead of ‘it was a dark and stormy night.’ It gets trotted out so much it’s … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Dragons, Eragon Takes a Beating, Eragon Whines 2 Comments
Eragon Chapter Fourteen
This chapter is called ‘a rider’s blade’. It makes me wonder if it belongs to one of the riders on the storm. I would imagine they all carry some sort of weapons, what with the killer out there on the … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Dragons, Encyclopedia Plotannica, Knowing too much 2 Comments
Eragon Chapter Ten
We break into the tenth chapter, titled ‘Flight of Destiny’, with Eragon running. Personally I could give less than a stir stick for Destiny’s flight. If Destiny can’t arrange things properly, like seating and baggage for example, then we’re all … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Dragons, Drgns!, The plot thins 3 Comments
Eragon Chapter Seven
There is something about the average fantasy novel that drives me a little crazy. The fact that people always manage to live just like they do in the modern world minus technology. For example, people often live well into their … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Dragons, Drgns!, It's Miller time 6 Comments
Eragon Chapter Six
So I wanted to talk about Eragon’s name for a quick second. Now I know we’re wading knee high in stock fantasy territory and the bottom’s only getting deeper. We’ve got elves, dwarves, dragons, orc creatures and a knight analog … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Aren't we special, Dragons, Drgns! 6 Comments
Eragon Chapter Three
This chapter is called ‘Dragon Tales’. Hey, I’m not here to read about Scrooge McDuck having adventures with his three great-nephews. Don’t you think the mighty D will find out you’re plagiarizing their work and…oh, I see. Clever bastard, replacing … Continue reading
Posted in Eragon, Recap Tagged Dragons, Tyranny is bad 3 Comments