- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Tag Archives: Better than Everybody at Everything
Untamed Chapter 15
I have to wonder if PCK is going to try and retcon the whole purification ritual. By that I mean, finally explain what the hell it matters. I distinctly remember an entire chapter wasted on one in the very first … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better than Everybody at Everything, Me am Special, Nothing is Happening Leave a comment
Betrayed Chapter 7
We rejoin Zoey in the vampire’s dining hall. Great, I can’t wait for PCK to tell us how special Zoey is for being invited. Oh, and their dining hall isn’t a cafeteria either. Zoey assures us it’s a very cool … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better than Everybody at Everything, How do you know that?, Me am Leader 2 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 2
Zoey is almost as much fun to rip on as Eragon. She doesn’t kill people like he does nor is she the savior of the land so there’s not the same gratification from mocking her as the “hero”. But there … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better than Everybody at Everything, Name Dropping, Praise for the Avatar 7 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 1
Welcome back to the wonderful world of PCK. Or that’s what I keep trying to tell myself when I’m looking at this book. Just the presence of it is enough to make me cringe. I think it’s alive and wants … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better than Everybody at Everything, Do As I Say!, Me am Royal Jerk 2 Comments
Inheritance Chapter 26
Sometimes, when trying to build an expansive universe, authors will toss in details that don’t affect the overall story. Even some of the best will toss out throwaway lines that gets forgotten. But a skilled writer can make that moment … Continue reading
Posted in Inheritance, Recap, Spork Tagged Aren't we special, Better than Everybody at Everything, Poof! Magic 2 Comments