- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Monthly Archives: February 2016
Life & Death Chapter 9
Beau starts us off asking if he can ask one more question. Considering you just did, Beau, you just wasted your additional question asking if you can pose another query. Ed being a prick, says they had a deal. Sure … Continue reading
Posted in Recap, Spork, Twilight Tagged Bad Romance, Boring Conversation Anyway, Speed Racer Leave a comment
Life & Death Chapter 8
A common focus I’ve seen in criticisms of Twilight and its narrow universe revolves around Ed. I know, so many of them do. Honestly, if Meyer wanted me to say only one word that could encompass everything wrong about the … Continue reading
Posted in Recap, Spork, Twilight Tagged I never Drink...Coke, Talk talk talk, Tension Thwarted Leave a comment
Life & Death Chapter 7
I was thinking more about characterization and how it can get the audience to overlook or embrace character flaws. Take Bella/Beau’s passive role. Critics give Meyer a truckload of shit for it and rightfully so. Though they do it because … Continue reading
Posted in Recap, Spork, Twilight Tagged Going Nowhere Fast, He has no friends, Isn't this Exciting? Leave a comment
Life & Death Chapter 6
One of the more common complaints people have regarding Ed is that they’re too controlling. Which is fair but a lot of people forget how willing we are to suspend our disbelief in fiction. Once we’ve accepted vampires in fiction, … Continue reading
Posted in Recap, Spork, Twilight Tagged Going Nowhere Fast, Talk talk talk, The always true legend Leave a comment
Life & Death Chapter 5
Chapter 5 So here’s a thought for you. How many interactions in our daily lives are driven by hormones? Not even just the boner hormones that keep the world populated and growing. The base drives like the stomach growl when we … Continue reading
Posted in Review, Spork, Twilight Tagged Bad Romance, Center of Everything, Talk talk talk Leave a comment