- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Monthly Archives: December 2012
Chosen Chapter 8
Let’s talk about PCK’s theology for a second. So the vampires all worship Nyx because that’s just what they do. It’s never explained why they all go for it though. We know Zoey has had a few religious experiences and … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, Going Nowhere Fast, Me am Special 1 Comment
Chosen Chapter 6
I noticed that, so far, I neglected to mention Zoey’s age. It’s seventeen as PCK has taken pains to mention multiple times throughout the last couple of chapters. So I did some research on Oklahoma state laws because I can … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Bad Romance, Going Nowhere Fast, Oh Look...A Triangle Leave a comment
Chosen Chapter 5
I hate when an author won’t follow their own rules. There are exception like when the story has gone surreal or the rules aren’t established by word of author via their avatar. But then there are some rules which become … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Aren't we special, Bad Romance, Subplots ahoy! Leave a comment
Chosen Chapter 4
Yet another chapter about Zoey celebrating her birthday. Things are really starting to take off now. Zoey and grandma go to a local restaurant where grandma has wine and Zoey has a “brown pop” and some devil’s food cake. This … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Do As I Say!, Going Nowhere Fast, Many Many Powers Leave a comment
Chosen Chapter 3
Flash forward to Zoey meeting her grandma in Utica square. She can’t believe there are people out and about at nine in the evening rather than being home and sleeping until Christmas morning. That’s so odd, Zoey, usually everyone in … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Do As I Say!, Evil Just Because, Me am Royal Jerk Leave a comment
Chosen Chapter 2
Let’s talk about mind control and love, shall we? Remember how Rowling had Voldemort’s mom controlling his dad with a love potion? Remember how that wasn’t considered a good thing? And remember how we were supposed to be bothered by … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Control is love, Do As I Say!, I know why the caged bird whines Leave a comment
Chosen Chapter 1
Ah, a break from Zoey. It’s been a couple of months since we’ve had to listen to PCK’s inane chatter. I can’t wait to see what stupid things she does in this book. Oh, it’s the first sentence of the … Continue reading
Posted in Recap, Spork Tagged I know why the caged bird whines, Me am Special, Pity the Poor Thing 3 Comments
So tomorrow marks the third year of the blog. Huzzah! I don’t have a post scheduled or anything but I wanted to do something a bit special. So I decided to flesh out that little tale of Cassia’s I was … Continue reading