- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Monthly Archives: September 2012
Betrayed Chapter 19
You know, I used to have no problem with having the protagonist wake up to start a chapter. That is, I didn’t have a problem writing it and I never saw it in other stories because the authors I read … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Aren't we special, Cribbing on Classics, Me am in Charge 6 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 18
There’s a certain point when you repeat a word that it begins to sound like nonsense. First you repeat it a couple of times and you don’t hear it, it’s just that word over and over. Then, as you hit … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, Me am Special, The plot thins Leave a comment
Betrayed Chapter 17
I’m curious to see if PCK is going to try to keep Neferet a “good” character or if Zoey will oust her too. At one point in the last book, I was pretty certain she was the primary villain and … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Do As I Say!, Look at how Special we are, Things we already know 2 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 16
It’s no secret that I don’t like vampires. I’ve said it before and I’ll repeat it as necessary because I don’t want anyone accusing me of a hidden bias or anything. Still that doesn’t mean they can’t be used well. … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, Gasp and Shock, How Convenient 3 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 15
I’d like to talk about geeks for a moment and their role in culture. Over the past few years, I’ve noticed an abundance of characters and even people claiming to be geeks because they like things that were, at one … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dumb Decisions, Me am Dumb Hero, To Be A Hipster 6 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 14
So let’s see, the bomb threat has wasted two chapters before this and will probably consume this one as well. How long will this subplot remain the focus of the story? The only thing it will do is establish Aphrodite … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, Me am in Charge, Strange Undertones 6 Comments