- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Monthly Archives: August 2012
Betrayed Chapter 12
I know I’ve mentioned this before but I’m constantly amused by how out of step Zoey feels with the rest of the world. And I don’t mean just as a teen. I wasn’t an expert on teen behavior when I … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Aren't we special, Creepy, The plot thins 2 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 10
For once, PCK decides she can skip ahead just a little. We’re thankfully spared Zoey’s walk back to her dorm and the subsequent run in with her stupid cat. However, Zoey does have to recap what’s going on by talking … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Didn't Think it Through, Me am Dumb Hero, Talk talk talk 4 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 9
We begin with a minor complaint. We start the chapter off immediately proceeding the last, with Zoey reacting to Aphrodite’s proclamation that grandma will be an organ donor in short order if Zoey doesn’t listen. Zoey asks what the hell … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged How Convenient, Me am hero, Terrible Parents Leave a comment
Betrayed Chapter 7
We rejoin Zoey in the vampire’s dining hall. Great, I can’t wait for PCK to tell us how special Zoey is for being invited. Oh, and their dining hall isn’t a cafeteria either. Zoey assures us it’s a very cool … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better than Everybody at Everything, How do you know that?, Me am Leader 2 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 6
The very first paragraph of this chapter is Zoey saying that she’s still mumbling about men and mixed messages. And just because I can never tell if I’ve taken a head injury in between recaps, I looked back. Zoey did … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, How Convenient, Isn't this Exciting? 9 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 5
This chapter begins with a quick health check of or main protagonist. It seems she’s picked up a bit of convenient stomach cramps from eavesdropping on Neferet. That or she doesn’t like Spanish class and is faking a stomach bug. … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Creepy, Going Nowhere Fast, Praise for the Avatar 9 Comments
Betrayed Chapter 4
Since PCK introduced the third point in the love triangle, or at least I assume so, I’d like to talk about adults and teens for a bit. The reason that scene with Loren is so creepy is because he’s an … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Impressively Boring, Me am Leader, Praise for the Avatar 2 Comments