- Anti-shurtugal Further Discussion on Bad Books
- Battlefield Earth Spork Covering L. Ron’s second largest waste of pulp
- Conjugalfelicity More Sporking
- Eye of Argon MST3K A riff on a terrible short from the seventies
- ImpishIdea Sporkings and Essays on Writing
- Kris Norge's Essays An in depth looks at tactics in a few series including the Eragon series.
- Mission Earth Recaps A series I’ve read and laughed at myself.
- Rejecter Blog A semi inactive blog about Query letters.
- Slushpile Hell Query letters from an Agent’s perspective.
- Snark Squad One of the best Fity Shades sporks in my opinion. They also do some TV shows and various other books.
- Verprose A far more comprehensive list of sporks than my little link bar
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Marked Chapter 8
Let’s talk about rules, shall we? Because it always comes up in genre fiction involving vampires, werewolves and such. Whenever the author decides there’s a “rule” that they don’t what their creatures to be bound by, they have a side … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Dull Details, Me am Special, Weak villains 8 Comments
Marked Chapter 6
We start off with Zoey thinking about some “ancient song” whose lyrics happen to still rhyme in English. It’s always amazing how that works out, isn’t it? Zoey’s memory is slowly coming back to her, because remembering that you’re turning … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Me am Special, Oh Mary Sue how I hate you, What's the Plot Again? 5 Comments
Marked Chapter 4
I’d like to talk about villains, for a moment. If only because PCK has inserted a rather annoying one so far and I wanted to specify why it bothers me. See, the step dad as an antagonist—because he’s not high … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Better things could be happening, Impressively Boring, Me am Special 4 Comments
Marked Chapter 3
I’ll say this. If PCK’s goal was to make me hate Zoey right off, they’ve done an admirable job. She’s a maudlin teen that’s extremely spoiled who complains about her home life which isn’t bad at all. If she were … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Me am Tragic Hero, Pity the Poor Thing, Research is Hard 9 Comments
Marked Chapter 2
A couple of things before we get into new business. First, I’m glad that PCK won’t try to wring drama out of Zoey being human and begging to be transformed. If you’re going to emulate Twilight and market a vampire … Continue reading
Posted in House of Night, Recap, Spork Tagged Evil Just Because, Implications, Markings 12 Comments
For the long time visitors you’ve probably noted a change in the site. I’m trying to make it cleaner and easier on the eyes for new folks. Mangraa posted a link from Anti-Shur’tugal–thank you!–and I’ve been getting a few new visitors. … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 3 Comments
Final Thoughts on Inheritance
A lot of consequences in life aren’t the outcome of a single decision, most. They’re often the accumulation of little choices that stack up before we realize. But there are solitary moments that change everything. Stephen King wrote about how … Continue reading
Posted in Inheritance, Recap, Spork 2 Comments